What resources are available to learn about these methods? When available, this page links to other pages; otherwise, it lists the resources (until the list gets large enough to warrant a separate page).
Other Pages Edit
In addition to this page, see
Introductory Materials Edit
- PolMeth: The listserv of the Society For Political Methodology http://polmeth.wustl.edu/polmeth.php. It has announcements for conferences, papers, jobs, etc.
- PSTR-L: http://www.h-net.org/~psrt/
- APSA's Jobs Listing http://www.apsanet.org/section_74.cfm
- http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/blog/ "Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science" Andrew Gelman
- http://computational-political-science.blogspot.com/ "A students blog on political science, the use of computer simulation in the social sciences and various other topics." Ronald (?)
Data Sources Edit
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR). http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/
- "established in 1962, is an integral part of the infrastructure of social science research. ICPSR maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction, and offers training in quantitative methods to facilitate effective data use".
- Has some data on elections, social change
- This Year: August 30 - September 2, 2007
- Deadline: November 15, 2006
- Notification: March 2007
- 23rd Annual Summer Meeting of the Society for Political Methodology, July 20-22, 2006
- UC-Davis http://www.polmeth2006.ucdavis.edu/#REGISTRATION
- Paper Deadline: ??
- Midwest Political Science Association
- This Year: 65th Annual Meeting, April 12 - 15, 2007, Chicago
- Generally: April of each year
- Deadline: Past
- Notification: November
- List of "Invitations" for papers: conferences, etc http://www.papersinvited.com/
Training Programs Edit
- Empirical Implications of Theoretical Models EITM
- NSF Funded program at Michigan, 1 month in summer (June-July 2006)
- App by February
- Eligible AFTER Qual Exams
- Another EITM also held at Washington U in St. Louis: http://wc.wustl.edu/eitm/
- Michigan Summer Institute: ICPSR (”Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research”) Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research
- two four-week sessions of the 2007 Program will be conducted June 25 - July 20 and July 23 - August 17.
- App in February
- GeoDa Summer Workshop, 2006
- Luc Anselin’s training workshops;
- “Foundations” of Spatial Regression: June 19-22, 2007; $1,200
- “Fronteirs” of Spatial Regression: June 25-28, 2007; $1,500
- Agent-Based Modeling, Complex Systems
- Sante Fe Institute, Complex Systems Summer School
- “It is open to students in all countries. Students are expected to attend for the full four weeks. No tuition is charged”
- Deadline Not Posted
Grant Resources Edit
- [Community of Science]. An excellent broad resource for finding funding for fellowships, scholarships, grants, travel, etc.
- US Government Grants
- www.grants.gov (note – incompatible with Firefox?)
- Record of prior USG grants, Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance http://184.108.40.206/cfda/cfda.html
- NSF, especially Political Science Program, http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5418&org=SBE&from=fund
- [Foundation Center]. The premier database of non-profit sector grants.
- APSA's grants http://www.apsanet.org/section_191.cfm; http://www.apsanet.org/section_512.cfm
- SSRC’s List of Fellowships http://www.ssrc.org/fellowships/